Monday, September 22, 2008

Favorite Things

2 Learn about God
I enjoy reading and listening to podcasted sermons to learn more and more about my Lord. The podcasts I enjoy the most are:

Truth for Life - Allistair Begg
Grace to You - John McArthur
Love Worth Finding - Adrian Rogers
Revive our Hearats - Nancy Leigh DeMoss

I am just starting a book study with other women on the Lies Women Believe. This looks to be very convicting and a wonderful way to grow closer to the woman God wants me to be. I am sure I will have more than enough "things" pointed out to work on for the next few months (years).



2 Cook

I have loved to cook for a long time, but now, I am faced with a new challenge. My daughter has an egg allergy (which means no nuts or eggs until she is 5) as well as a dairy intolerance. It turns out that some of the health issues I have had are also related to a dairy intolerance. So, I am always looking for healthy ways to cook dairy and egg free. It turns out, dairy and eggs are important ingredients in most "fun" foods, such as cookies, brownies, cakes..... So this is QUITE the challenge. My daughter and I also don't do very well with the soy products (ugh). I look for many vegan recipes and they are super helpful.

Here is the recipe that is in the oven now:

Apple Bread

1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 c. supar
1 c. shredded, peeled apple(I used two apples)
1/4 c. cooking oil(I used canola oil)
1 egg( I used applesauce)
1/4 tsp lemon peel (no lemon in mine)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (no nuts in mine)
Grease 8x4x2 bread pan. Preheat oven at 350. In med. bowl combine flour, cinn, baking soda, powder, salt and nutmeg. Set aside.In another bowl combine sugar, shredded apples, oil, egg(or subst.), and lemon. Mix well. Add the dry mixt to the apple mixt. Stir just until moistened. Fold in walnuts.Spoon batter into your greased pan and bake at 350 for 55-60 minutes. Let it cool for about 10min before you remove it from the pan.The base of this recipe comes from my old Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. I just "veganized" it. Enjoy!!
** this came out WONDERFUL!! next time, i'll cut back on the sugar though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers so if you are thinking something that is beneficial and profitable (which does not mean you have to agree with me, but at least be nice), then I would love to hear from you!