Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Your Light

When I look around at the evil that is in the world, I shudder. I am anxious for my girls. I am anxious for my grandchildren. I read about stories in the news (which is seldoml because it is such a strain on my heart) that just blow my mind. Horrible things that people are doing to one another. Foolish beliefs and ideas that people declare as truth. And it all just seems to be getting worse day by day.

I heard a couple of things on the radio I want to share. I was unable to write down the exact quotes, so this is a paraphrase.

One person said that you can't blame the world for being so evil just like you cannot blame darkness for being dark. The fault lies with the light - for being so dim.



Is your light dim?


Matthew 5:14-16
“You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

Another person (and I am pretty sure this was on Chris Fabry's radio program) said there is a growing population of Muslims in the United States. There are many reasons for this but one is immigration.

Then he gave this opinion. Maybe we as Christians have failed to take the gospel to the Muslim nations, so God is bringing them here so that we can share the good news.

Is God making it easier for us to share His Good News? Are you a bit embarrassed that God has to bring people right to your doorstep in order to share the good news - the best news of all time - and you still neglect Him?

I am.

Matthew 10:33
But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven.

I would encourage you to pray, just as I am doing, for God to bring lost people into your life so that you can share with them the best news of all time -

They are a sinner (well, maybe that isn't the best part of the news) but that Jesus paid the price for their sins. They can be forgiven and have eternal life in heaven if they only repent and believe.

Thank You, Jesus!
For further encouragement, sing the children's song, "This Little Light of Mine". It is based on truth. Don't hide it under a bushel or let Satan blow it out - Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers so if you are thinking something that is beneficial and profitable (which does not mean you have to agree with me, but at least be nice), then I would love to hear from you!