Monday, October 15, 2012

Pinterest Projects

I am new {very new} to Pinterest. I refused to join for the longest time, dreading one more place to "lose" time....but I relented and now I am hooked! I love finding fun, useful ideas and being able to "pin" them for later.

But that's the catch, isn't it. Later. Do you ever go back and put those pins to good use?

I am excited to say that I am doing just that. Working through my pins. Here are 5 that I worked on this past week {and of course my comments about how they turned out}.


1. How to make Kettle Corn in 3 easy steps - This came out perfect!!! My daughter and I made a batch at home and we also made a batch for her small group at church. Yummy!!


2. Easy Fall Craft - Modge Podge fall leaves to a jar that can be used as a votive {battery operated} holder. Ok, this one may have worked out if I wasn't impatient and actually took the time to dry the leaves properly. {wink}  So ours worked out just "ok" - I highly recommend drying the leaves first.


 

3. Easy Baby Blanket Tutorial - This really was an easy project. The most difficult part was lining up the fabrics and keeping them lined up {I should have used more pins}, but it turned out great!!!


 
 
 
4. Felt Leaf Garland - This was a super fun, fall craft to do with my daughter. She keeps wanting to sew and this was a fun first step {baby steps, baby steps}. It looks great and she loved doing it!


5. No sew skirt - I made these in a fall theme for my girls when we went to the pumpkin patch. Instead of elastic, I used some ribbon. They were so easy to make and it made the girls feel super festive! It is hard to see their skirts in this picture, but they are there, under the jackets. :) It was so cold and breezy that day - but gorgeous!!



 
 
This is what I am going to work on next - isn't it ADORABLE!!??!! This one is a tote bag, but I am going to make it into a pillow so I can see it all the time.

 
 
What have you been pinning? I'd love to see what your favorite pin project has been.
 
 
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers so if you are thinking something that is beneficial and profitable (which does not mean you have to agree with me, but at least be nice), then I would love to hear from you!