Monday, April 23, 2012

Mother's Day Gift Ideas

Stumped about what to get your Mom, the woman who wiped your poopy butt and runny nose for so many years and still loved you? You want to make her feel special and want her to know how much you love, appreciate and respect her, but she seems to have everything, right? I know the feeling. So here are some ideas for your Mom that are different than the standard flower flat and card. She may appreciate the added thoughtfulness of a unique present this year.

 


Gadget Lover: Kindle Fire  - This is a fantastic gift idea! My own mother did just get one and she loves it. She can carry around several different books with her to work and doctor appointments. She can use it all over the house for reading and checking email. She can even watch a movie on Netflix!







If your Mom already has a Kindle Fire - maybe she'd like to
have a Kindle Fire Genuine Leather Cover to protect it?






Outdoor Enthusiast: I think this is a delightful idea! This hanging bird bath - First Nature 3004 Globe Style Bird Bath and Waterer - looks awesome. Since I am a cat owner (well, I think my cat is of the opinion that she owns me), I dread having birds bathing too close to the ground. But now if this was up in the tree, they could enjoy a bath and I will enjoy watching them. Wait, does that make me a little freaky because I want to watch the birds take a bath? Lol!







Book Lover: If your Mom loves books and loves to learn new things (especially if it grows her love for God's Word), this may be a fascinating book: Most Misused Verses in the Bible, The: Surprising Ways God's Word Is Misunderstood. It releases on May 1st, so I have not had a chance to review it myself (I think it sounds intriguing!!).

The Home Baking, Cook-off Queen: I LOVE poached eggs on toast and I think the Back to Basics Toaster and Egg Poacher looks FABULOUS!! You can set it for just toast, just an egg (or other pre-cooked meat like ham) or both!





I saw this on another email and just had to pass it along. Not sure what sort of Mom this would be a great idea for - but if maybe YOUR Mom is a taser packing Mama and she'd like to have one in pink? My Mom would be very confused if I bought this for her, but I have an Aunt who would think it was awesome! lol!  Safe. Easy. Perfect for Mom.



Save 20% on Metallic Pink TASER® C2s.
Shop now on TASER.com





2 comments:

  1. Wow, I’m not sure how my mother would react if I got her a pink taser. I think she’d be just as confused as yours lol. I do appreciate your other ideas though and will definitely be using them as ideas, for not just my mother, but for other family members as well. I’ve been thinking a lot lately about what my mom would enjoy this year and finally figured (after some recommendations from coworkers at Dish) that since she is a huge TV buff and gadget lover, she’d probably enjoy a DVR upgrade to the Hopper to go along with her Dish services. It’s a whole-home HD DVR that will allow her to record pretty much whatever her heart desires, while also being able to play games, check the weather, Facebook etc. It’s a pretty advanced DVR that I’ve had for a few weeks now and love, so I’m sure she’ll feel the same way about it. My favorite feature is how it can record up to 6 HD shows at once!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Rebecca - Wow! That hopper sounds awesome! We have the Tivo HD and love it, but it can only record 3 stations (not that we even watch that much TV) at once. That really sounds like something she'll love - and be thankful for for a very long time to come. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers so if you are thinking something that is beneficial and profitable (which does not mean you have to agree with me, but at least be nice), then I would love to hear from you!