Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Another change of direction

Going - In Faith

One other big change has been where we live.

God has directed our family to move to another state, hundreds of miles from where we called home our entire lives. Neither my husband nor I have ever lived out of state. We did move away from our respective hometowns, but we were close enough for birthday parties, family visits, holidays, etc.

But we both felt the tug on our hearts to step out in faith. It took 3 years for it all to become clear and a reality. We moved to a town where we knew no one. We weren't able to even identify a church we would attend before we moved (which we did not feel comfortable with).

But God {two of my favorite words}...

God is not only good, He is generous and gracious.

He directed us to a house on a quiet street with wonderful neighbors.

He directed us to a church just a few minutes from our house (we are still pushing the limit for getting there on time, though. Some things never change - ha!). 

He has grown our faith and trust in Him in ways that cannot be described.

This has all been a wonderful testimony for our children. They have been witnesses to how scary it can be to move states away, but how wonderful it can be to trust in God.

Have you ever stepped out in faith like this? Comment below and tell me about it. I'd love to share in the beautiful way God has directed your steps as well.

Blessings


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers so if you are thinking something that is beneficial and profitable (which does not mean you have to agree with me, but at least be nice), then I would love to hear from you!