Thursday, May 19, 2011

Birds

To some, a bird is a bird is a bird. But when I look out in the backyard, I am filled with marvel and amazement at the differences and details that God used when He created the "winged birds". Their colors are magnificent. The way they gather food and nesting materials is enchanting to watch. The different nests they make, in all sorts of sizes, shapes, made with different materials, made in different things....just amazing! I am sorry. There is no way you can look at these details and deny they were created by a wonderful and loving Creator.


This morning I was entertained for a few minutes by an Oriole who thought she had found the perfect twine for her nest. Click here to see the video. Now, if I can just figure out where her nest is, I can be entertained throughout much of the spring as she cares for her young. I just hope Blacky doesn't find her nest.

I am reminded of Genesis 1:20-23
And God said, “Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the vault of the sky.” So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers so if you are thinking something that is beneficial and profitable (which does not mean you have to agree with me, but at least be nice), then I would love to hear from you!