Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Opinions

Ok, so I have decided to start blogging more. It seems everyone has an opinion these days - and what do they do with their opinions? They post them on the web. Either on Facebook, or they Tweet them, or email or blog..... it turns out that I have just as many opinions as the next guy and I am choosing to post them to this blog. So, you, with all of your own opinions, can choose to read this blog or ignore it. I think you should choose to read it. Why? I am going to have opinions on a vast array of things, and try to come at them from a Biblical Worldview. That means, I am not your average 35 (well, for another month or so) year old woman. My focus is God and bringing Him glory. I try to think about God most of the day - and try to think about His Kingdom. Remember the Lord's Prayer?

Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one.
 
This prayer says that we are to want, focus on and pray for God's Kingdom to come on the Earth and for His will to be done on Earth as it is in heaven. That means we need to want what God wants. Do you ever think about that? Do you think of that when you are completing the seemingly mundane tasks for the day? How can you grocery shop and still be striving to bring God's Kingdom to Earth? If you begin to pray this way - God will open the eyes of your heart and show you.
 
Ok. So I have opinions. Can you tell they might be strong opinions? Don't worry. It won't get TOO preachy. I leave that for the Pastor. I just want to help you be Kingdom focused (and help myself) in all areas of your life. This culture is so thick with sneaky sinful opinions that creap in unnoticed that it is time we saturate our lives with redeeming opinions.
 
BTW - my opinion can only be Kingdom focused because Jesus died for my sins. I have repented and my sins have been washed away by the blood of the Lamb. Have yours? Email me if you have more questions about this. There is no such thing as easy believism. There are no free rides into heaven. It is a narrow gate and it takes more than just saying you love Jesus to get through the gate. It is easy and difficult all at the same time.
 
But it is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers so if you are thinking something that is beneficial and profitable (which does not mean you have to agree with me, but at least be nice), then I would love to hear from you!