Thursday, February 2, 2012

Merry Mail #4



Newsweek has an interesting article about a new trend in DIY Education - aka Homeschooling. This article does not necessarily *slam* people for homeschooling (like much of the media), however there are subtle hints as to the intelligence level and social ineptness of those who homeschool for religious convictions. The author also seems to be skeptical about the benefits of *too much* family attachment, even though it is pointed out that homeschoolers thrive when they go (if they choose to go) to college. Anyway, it is definitely worth reading and I am amazed that Newsweek printed it as a cover story in such a positive light.


Six Ways to Keep the "Little" in Your Girl (Secret Keeper Girl) is on sale for the kindle version for $2.99. This is an excellent deal! Dannah Gresh has a new book that went on sale this week...Six Ways to Keep the "Good" in Your Boy: Guiding Your Son from His Tweens to His Teens



Practical Pages has some excellent Art lessons and downloads. I cannot wait to incorporate these into our lessons. It might be some fun *summer school*.


Christian Audio has a FREE audio book - Jerry Bridges "Trusting God"

I read this excellent quote from Paul Tripp and just had to share it:

“When I come to the Lord after I’ve blown it, I’ve only one argument to make. It’s not the argument of the difficulty of the environment that I am in. It’s not the argument of the difficult people that I’m near. It’s not the argument of good intentions that were thwarted in some way.

I come to the Lord with only one appeal; his mercy. I’ve no other defense. I’ve no other standing. I’ve no other hope. I can’t escape the reality of my biggest problem; me! So I appeal to the one thing in my life that’s sure and will never fail. I appeal to the one thing that guaranteed not only my acceptance with God, but the hope of new beginnings and fresh starts. I appeal on the basis of the greatest gift I ever have or ever will be given.

I leave the courtroom of my own defense, I come out of hiding and I admit who I am. But I’m not afraid, because I’ve been personally and eternally blessed. Because of what Jesus has done, God looks on me with mercy. It’s my only appeal, it’s the source of my hope, it’s my life. Mercy, mercy me!”    


                                            ―
Paul David Tripp, Whiter Than Snow: Meditations on Sin and Mercy





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers so if you are thinking something that is beneficial and profitable (which does not mean you have to agree with me, but at least be nice), then I would love to hear from you!