Monday, February 6, 2012

Surprised? I hope not.

One of my many goals in life is for no one to be surprised if Jesus returns for the church - His Bride - and I am gone. I imagine the confusion that will be taking place when the church is raptured. I think of the many people who thought they were Christians (because that is the same as being an American, right? Wrong. More on that coming soon.) wondering why they weren't taken up into the clouds. They were left behind.


But when people see that our house is empty (I am praying fervently for our girls), I do not want anyone to be surprised.




How can I make that happen?


1. While I have no control on Jesus returning, but I do pray for it (so I hope you are ready - click here to find out how you can be ready).


2. I do not want to pass up any opportunity to declare Jesus as Lord of my life and Savior. So beware if you are not a believer (yet) and you drop any seed my way - I plan to use it. I pray that God has the soil ready to receive His message and will grow that seed into a strong branch on His Vine. 


3. I pray for the ones I know who are lost (or just distracted). I pray that God shows you your need of Him, not to improve your life on Earth, but to improve your after-life (there are only 2 choices of where you spend eternity). This means that I, unfortunately, pray for God to do whatever it takes to shake up some lives (He sure did that in my own life). 


The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning, but the heart of fools is in the house of pleasure. Ecclesiastes 7:4



4. This thought occurred to me in church a week ago. We have all of these wonderful letters and writings from church fathers that lead and guide our lives (some of it is within the inspired cannon and some is based on the inspired cannon) - why not spend some time writing to the unbelievers who will be left behind that can hopefully help direct them towards the Lord? This could be an expression of love for them and an explanation of the truth that is about to unfold (because it isn't pretty - for more information, read Revelation). This can serve a as a warning and let them know that they can still find refuge if they seek the Lord (it will not be easy, but God will never forsake those who seek after Him).


5. I will stand up for truth. There are so many out there who want to declare some feel-good Christianity that is easy and non-confrontational. If you read about the Jesus of the Bible, He was constantly being confronted. He did not tell people that all roads lead to heaven. No, He declared that the way is narrow and few will find it (Matthew 7:13-14). If you are sitting in a church that tells you to accept Jesus to improve your life - you need to find a new church. Following Jesus is difficult, but it is worth it because He is with you each step of the way. It is difficult to live in the world, but not like the world. But it is easy because Jesus is on the other side of the yoke, making it light (Matthew 11:30)


So, if you are unsure of where you stand with your salvation, please do not waste a moment.


Seek the LORD while he may be found; 
call on him while he is near.
Isaiah 55:6

The day of the Lord
will come like a thief in the night.
1 Thessalonians 5:2

Here I am!
I stand at the door and knock.
If anyone hears my voice
and opens the door,
I will come in and
eat with that person,
and they with me.
Revelation 3:20



2 comments:

  1. This is a powerful post. Only recently have I truly felt READY for the Rapture, and now I am praying for the rest of my family and trying to help them be ready. You are truly blessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel. It was a long time before I felt ready, but now I just pray fervently for my loved ones and for Jesus to come quickly. Thank you for stopping by. Blessings. :)

      Delete

I love to hear from my readers so if you are thinking something that is beneficial and profitable (which does not mean you have to agree with me, but at least be nice), then I would love to hear from you!