Friday, February 24, 2012

Merry Mail, 2-24-12



I have been so busy with "life" that I have not been able to blog lately (and I miss it!). Thankfully, I have still had some opportunity to be online. Here is what I have found interesting:


Kevin DeYoung references an article in Christianity Today that explains some of the best ways to practically help the impoverished people of the world. One of the top ten ways to help the poor is to switch the brand of coffee you drink. Wow!

7 Marks of Humility - Do you consider yourself a humble person? You know that by admitting it you might actually be taking pride in your humility. Catch 22, eh?

Green Monster Smoothie - I tried a version of this super yummy (and healthy) drink this week. I used rice milk, banana, pina colada coconut yogurt, 1/2 tsp vanilla and then fresh spinach leaves. It was so yummy that my 2 year old was begging for more. She woke up this morning and wanted to blend up another yummy drink.

The Contraceptive-Abortifacient Mandate: The Gospel Coalition put together a wonderful FAQ regarding the latest piece of legislation that will require hospitals to provide contraceptives, even abortive contraceptives (think morning after pill) against their religious beliefs / conscience. It is a scary world we live in when the government is mandating what a hospital can and cannot provide.

"LCMS President Rev. Dr. Matthew C. Harrison appeared before the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform on Thursday, Feb. 16., to discuss the recent U. S. Health and Human Services Ruling regarding contraceptives. On behalf of the LCMS, Harrison spoke to the issue violating citizens’ freedom of religion and freedom of conscience." This is an excellent speech regarding the freedom of religion.

Human Implant Chip: I haven't read all of this yet, but it is definitely something to research and pray about. We are definitely living in the last days, my friends.

Quote of the day: "Grace has the power to do what nothing else can do, rescue you from you, and in so doing, restore you to what you were created to be." {Paul Tripp}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers so if you are thinking something that is beneficial and profitable (which does not mean you have to agree with me, but at least be nice), then I would love to hear from you!