Friday, March 2, 2012

Merry Mail 3-2-12


If you are encouraged by what you read, please take a minute to enter your email in the right sidebar of the blog in order to receive Merry Mail in your inbox each week. 


Can you even believe we are already into March? Where on Earth did February go? We have been experiencing some wonderful spring weather here in Indiana (and they are forecasting some spring thunderstorms for tonight) and we have tried to enjoy as much of it as possible. We visited a local park and soaked up some much needed Vitamin D in the warm sunshine.

I love how the earth comes alive in the Spring after the cold, gray, barren, (seemingly) dead winter! It reminds me so much of how my own soul came alive when Jesus spoke softly to me and said, "Come and follow Me". I was dead and now am very much alive and living for my Lord!

How about you? Have you decided to follow Jesus? It's a narrow path and you may not meet many along the Way, but it is leading to the Celestial City and to the King of Kings. Any other way is leading you astray.

On a completely different note, I am sad that Downton Abbey is over for the season and I have to wait another year to find out if Lady Mary and Cousin Matthew will in fact get married.

Here is a list of other things I found interesting this week - and I hope you do as well:


Watchman Fellowship has a listing of 1200 different cults, occults and new age groups. Did you know that there are so many different religions (if you want to call them that)? My husband and I are doing a little research into the Jehovah's Witnesses since we have been recently visited and I am amazed at the nonsense that people will decide to believe and follow. It makes my heart very sad for God that people will decide to believe crazy things instead of believing in Him as the Creator of the universe and His Son, the Savior who died as the one and only Sacrifice for our sins.

If you are wondering more about what Jehovah's Witnesses believe and how you can engage them in a conversation about Jesus, check out these youtube videos about the Top Ten Shocking Beliefs of the JW and Three Tips for Reasoning with JW.

“We have a right to believe whatever we want,
but not everything we believe is right.”
― Ravi Zacharias

Joyful Mothering is having a Dayspring giveaway (ends March 6th so hurry and enter).

Cajun Joie de Vivre has been writing a series on natural cleaning - and I really enjoyed the guest post about Essential Oils. I have to say that I love my bleach and other antibacterial cleaners. I love the smell of bleach. It just screams cleanliness (which we know is next to godliness) and germ-free to me! But the more that I read about natural cleaning, the more I am wondering if I am not only killing the harmful bacteria, but maybe I am wiping out some of the good microbes and bacteria from our home. {Oops!} Do you clean naturally? Do you even know what it is (I confess, I didn't). Find out more about why you should clean naturally on Cajun Joie de Vivre.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers so if you are thinking something that is beneficial and profitable (which does not mean you have to agree with me, but at least be nice), then I would love to hear from you!