Monday, January 9, 2012

Budget - What's that?


I am excited to purchase a copy of Crystal Paine (better known as the Money Saving Mom)'s new book,
The Money Saving Mom's Budget: Slash Your Spending, Pay Down Your Debt, Streamline Your Life, and Save Thousands a Year .


I have degree in Computer Technology. When I was taking the classes to fulfill the business portion of my degree, I took the one and only class I hated: Accounting. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE math! But I loathe accounting. I am not sure the difference, but it is huge (or maybe not so big since they say it is a thin line between love and hate).


Either way, I am not an accounting girl and I have never, ever, in my entire life, followed a budget.


But we need to.


I always used the excuse before of being a working woman and not having extra time to sit down and design a budget. But now, I am a SAHM. Although I am still busy, but in a different way, I see the great need we have to control our finances.


That is why I am looking forward to reading this book. I have no idea where to begin with a family budget.

The description on Amazon is:


FROM ONE OF NIELSEN’S TOP 50 POWER MOMS COMES ADVICE YOU CAN TAKE TO THE BANK—LITERALLY !

Crystal Paine, who has helped busy women everywhere take control of their finances, presents her most effective strategies designed for families of all sizes and income levels.

With hundreds of inspiring “why didn’t I think of that?” TIPS, plus WORKSHEETS, Paine breaks down your goals into easy, manageable steps so you can:

• Achieve a complete financial makeover
• Set up a realistic budget
• Never pay retail
• Slash your grocery bill
• Organize your time & your home
• Use coupons wisely
• Pay with cash only
• Live simply
• Become debt free
• Choose contentment
• Make every dollar count


I know, you want a copy now, too. It is on sale officially January 10, but you can pre-order your copy today by clicking the link above.

Do you have a resolution to control your family finances and start saving money? This book can help!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers so if you are thinking something that is beneficial and profitable (which does not mean you have to agree with me, but at least be nice), then I would love to hear from you!