Friday, January 13, 2012

Merry Mail



I read many fascinating things throughout my week and I love to share this with anyone who may be interested. So, I will try to start (hopefully on a weekly basis) writing up what I have found to be super interesting during the past week. This is something I will add to during the week and typically publish at the end of the week.


This may include clips from other blog articles, books, e-books, reviews, quotes, sales, freebies, recipes, fitness and nutritional tips.



*** Please enter your email in the box in the right side panel in order to receive this information right in your inbox. ***



The information for this week is:

Visual Theology - The Order of Salvation - This is a fantastic visual explaining the ordo salutis, which is to say, the order of salvation, which refers to the sequence of conceptual steps involved in the salvation of the Christian. Thank you Tim Challies. I may print this off and hang it in our house in order to spark good conversation with visitors.



Book Review of Real Marriage by the Driscolls - This is a review written by Tim Challies (again, thank you Tim Challies!) discussing the latest book by Pastor Mark Driscoll and his wife. I have a lot of opinions, but since I have not read the book (and do not plan to), I'll just let the review speak for itself. All I have to say is that of course it is going to be at the top of the charts because - sex sells. They put the stuff in the book that they knew would get people talking and have people running to the closest bookstore to purchase a copy.



A wonderful quote from Fanny Crosby, "It seemed intended by the blessed providence of God that I should be blind all my life, and I thank him for the dispensation. If perfect earthly sight were offered me tomorrow I would not accept it. I might not have sung hymns to the praise of God if I had been distracted by the beautiful and interesting things about me."


Holy Spirit Led Homeschooling - If you like her page on Facebook, you can download her free e-book, 100 Free Indoor Activities to do with Kids (TV not included).


The Ugly Duckling - Free Kindle Download of the Ugly Duckling (illustrated in color).


50 People Every Christian Should Know - I am super excited to read this book. There are wonderful examples of our faith, such as Fanny Crosby, A.W. Tozer, Charles H. Spurgeon, Amy Carmichael and others. This looks like something I will want to read and pass along to as many people as I can.



If you have something that you would like for me to include, please email it to MerryMarriedMaryMom at gmail dot com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers so if you are thinking something that is beneficial and profitable (which does not mean you have to agree with me, but at least be nice), then I would love to hear from you!