Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Love the Lord Your God Pt 3



Love the Lord your God with all your heart
and with all your soul
and with all your mind
and with all your strength.
Mark 12:30


I have already posted about loving the Lord your God with all your heart and loving the Lord your God with all your soul. We read that if we love God, we will obey His commandments with our whole heart. We know that His commandments are for our good (Romans 8:23) and we can trust Him. As His children, we lovingly obey Him. We will also seek God for all of our spiritual desires, not being led astray by schemes of this world.


We should no longer be children,
tossed to and fro and
carried about with every wind of doctrine,
by the trickery of men,
in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting,
but, speaking the truth in love,
may grow up in all things into Him
who is the head—Christ 
[Ephesians 4:14-15]


Today let's talk about the next portion of the text:



3. Love the Lord your God with all your mind.

Do you love the Lord your God with all your mind? I mean, do you even think about God all the time? God tells us that we are to pray without ceasing. Prayer is how we communicate with God and we are to stay in constant communion with Him. We are to use the beautiful minds that God blessed us with to think about, meditate, and learn about God so that we can share Him with others.

When you begin a new hobby (maybe you are like me who recently started sewing), you become obsessed with reading about the hobby. I know I started to read blogs about sewing projects, watched youtube videos to figure out how to use the machine without running the needle through my finger, and studied patterns for (what seemed like) hours just to figure out what language they were speaking.

When we first become a Christian, we want to soak up as much as we can about God. The Bible becomes alive and we are fascinated by the stories of those who have gone before. The miracles and power of Jesus capture our attention like none other. We listen to sermons online. We ask questions and research online to learn more.

But something happens. Life starts to get in the way. We find new hobbies. There are other books that fill our time.

Let us strive to fall in love with God again. Let us all love Him with our mind and seek to know Him better. Let us never cut the line of communication with our loving Father.

I was challenged to read through the Bible this year and I thought, "How can I say no?" Is there anything more important than reading God's word? Could I possibly say, "maybe next year because this year I'd like to sew more or write more on my blog?" Heaven forbid!

I want to love my Lord with all my mind, don't you?


What will you do to love God more with your mind? Make a plan, otherwise the devil will fill your time with less important things. After all...






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers so if you are thinking something that is beneficial and profitable (which does not mean you have to agree with me, but at least be nice), then I would love to hear from you!