Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Outdoor Tablecloth Solution


Our outdoor table (wrought iron) is to the point where it desperately needs to have a table cloth in order to eat off of it. It has just spent too many winters outdoors, not to mention our outdoor kitty who likes to nap on it. But table clothes drive me kind of crazy. I have used the little clips and such that are supposed to keep it on the table, but they never seem to work. Since we have a 2 (almost 3 - yikes, where does time go?!) year old running around, it is important that the cloth remains on the table.

It hit me like a bolt of lightning! The answer to the problem is elastic!

So I used some scrap elastic (it doesn't match all the way around, but as long as you keep your head out from under the table, you'll never notice) and it drew the dangling fabric up perfectly!

If you are "irked" by the flowing fabric under the table like I am, you might try sewing some elastic around the bottom hem to draw it up tighter as well. Let me know if it works for you, too!

Do you have any easy problem solving tips that you can share? I'd love to hear them!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers so if you are thinking something that is beneficial and profitable (which does not mean you have to agree with me, but at least be nice), then I would love to hear from you!