Wrong. Snacks are a good choice - actually, a great choice!
Snacks curb your appetite and keep you from over eating at meal times. Snack can help keep your blood sugar regulated so that you don't end up with a carb crash and feeling like you are starving!
Now, there are good snacks and bad snacks.
- A dozen Oreo cookies - bad snack.
- 2 Oreos (serving size) - better snack.
- Carrot sticks and dip - great choice.
- A large DQ blizzard with chunks of your favorite candy bar - bad snack.
- A serving size of ice cream - better snack.
- Frozen fruit bar - great snack.
- Little Debbie snack cakes - bad snack.
- Low fat graham crackers dipped in applesauce - good snack.
- Bowl of high fiber, low sugar cereal - great snack.
- Apple slices dipped in 2 tablespoons of peanut butter - great snack.
- 15 raw almonds and 1/3 cup of raisins - great snack.
A good snack should be something natural (preferably a veggie or fruit), low in sugar, not contain chemicals like high fructose corn syrup and have fiber or protein to help you feel full longer.
Having a good snack, along with a big glass of water, will help prevent you from the starvation then over-eating cycle.
So don't forget have a snack today!