Monday, July 18, 2011

Like a Sunflower

AT-A-GLANCE Daily Refill, 6-5/8 x 9-1/8 Inches, White and Cream, 2011 (K1-50)
I have a daily flip calendar that has a wonderful quote and encouraging scripture. Do you?  Sometimes the quotes and scripture are just exactly what I need.

Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth;
Keep watch over the door of my lips
Psalm 141:3

Yikes. I could use a guard on my mouth sometimes (ok, a lot of the time). Especially when I read this:

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29

Thankfully, I can repent, ask for forgiveness and know that my God is faithful and just to forgive my sins and cleanse me of all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9)

I long to live out the command to

Love the Lord your God
with all your heart and
with all your soul and
with all your mind and
with all your strength.
Mark 12:30

This quote was in my daily calendar and I love it. I love the visual picture and when I see this wonderful flower, it makes my heart swell with love for my Lord and Savior.

Many flowers open to the sun, but only one follows him constantly. Heart, be the sunflower, not only open to receive God's blessing, but constant in looking to Him. John Paul Richter

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers so if you are thinking something that is beneficial and profitable (which does not mean you have to agree with me, but at least be nice), then I would love to hear from you!