Thursday, July 7, 2011

I love you, Lord!

Do you ever think about what it would be like to be young again? I know, you're NOT old. But I mean young and carefree like a child. To be thrilled when your Dad hangs a new swing in a tree. To really laugh out loud, squealing at the top of your lungs as you swing above the tree tops (or at least that is how it feels).  Pure joy!

Is this how you feel about your heavenly Father? Do you delight in Him so fully that you are laughing out loud and squealing with excitement during your quiet time? Quiet time doesn't always have to be so quiet. God is not always interested in our solemn prayers. He loves us. He created us. He loves to see us enjoy the life that He created for us.

And we need to be just as excited in Him as a child is with her Daddy and the new swing.



Delight yourself in the LORD,
and He will give you the desires of your heart. Psalm 37:4

A command followed by a promise. As we draw near to God and delight ourselves with Him, our desires become what He desires for our lives. Who wouldn't want that? To delight in the Lord? To have the promise of godly desires?

So imagine yourself on the swing (you might need to sit down for this; I wouldn't want you to get dizzy and fall down). Feel the excitement. Hear the laughter.

Now imagine yourself in the throne room of the Almighty Creator and know that He loves you and is happy you are there. What a thrill to be able to call Him, Abba Father! How exciting!

What a way to start the day! I love you, LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers so if you are thinking something that is beneficial and profitable (which does not mean you have to agree with me, but at least be nice), then I would love to hear from you!