Friday, November 4, 2011

Thankfulness {Day 4} My girls

I am so thankful for my girls.

They not only bring many smiles to my face because of the funny things they do and say, they warm my heart with each snuggle and "Mommy, I love you". I am amazed each and every day as I watch them grow and learn new things.

Side note: I blog about the girls from "their perspectives" (as I see and hear it) at Life According to the Siefker Girls.

It is not only the happy, heart-warming things that I am thankful for - but also for the hardships. There are many frustrations and struggles that come with having children (especially a 2 yo).

Nothing has grown my relationship with Christ more than being married and having children. These relationships show me how selfish and sinfully demanding I am. They show me how incapable I am of controlling other people (and even myself some days). They show me how I desperately need grace and forgiveness - daily and hourly. 

Taking care of my loved ones reminds me that life is not all about me - it is about God.

As their mother, I want to be the humble, loving servant they need. I want to be a picture of love and mercy, strength and weakness. I want to be transparent so they are able to see Christ at work in my life.

I am so thankful for the many lessons that being a mother (and wife) have taught me.

Thank you, Lord, for my beautiful daughters!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers so if you are thinking something that is beneficial and profitable (which does not mean you have to agree with me, but at least be nice), then I would love to hear from you!