Saturday, June 4, 2011

Favorite Sonlight Core K book

We just completed our first year of homeschooling using the Sonlight Core Kindergarten curriculum. Homeschooling can be very intimidating and challenging, but I have to say, using Sonlight helped tremendously. Each day, we have a list of things we need to do for that day. There are reading assignments, spelling and vocabulary words, Bible verses for the week, developmental activities - you name it, they have it spelled out in an easy-to-follow format. I love all of the different books that we are reading, too. This year, my favorite book that we read was I Heard Good News Today.  This is a wonderful book that tells about different missionaries from all over the world. I actually chose to remove this book from the actual 'school day' and read it at night before we went to bed. I looked forward to hearing the personal stories of the missionareies and loved finding out how God used each of their lives to spread the Good News.

Whether your kids are in public school, Catholic school, Christian school or homeschooled - you will LOVE this book. The biographies are fairly short and make wonderful bedtime stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers so if you are thinking something that is beneficial and profitable (which does not mean you have to agree with me, but at least be nice), then I would love to hear from you!