Today's the day - make a change. One step at a time, you can do it!!! And I would love to encourage you. Starting each Tuesday, I'm going to add more information on choices that I have made for my own diet (and my family) that have made a difference in how we feel (and even the behavior of the girls). I will also post a yummy delicious recipe.
I know that this is not going to happen 100% of the time, but when possible, avoid the added chemicals they add to food to enhance flavor or preserve it for years and years. If you can't pronounce it, it most likely isn't good for you. God did not design our bodies to injest these products. The first chemical I suggest avoiding is
HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP (HFCS).
- This is a “sugar” derived from corn.
- The problem with this type of sweetener is that it does not stimulate the hormones in your stomach that make you feel full. That is why it is easy to eat an entire box of cookies – and still feel hungry. And do you really want to eat that whole box of cookies?
- This is also bad if you are at risk or have diabetes since HFCS does not trigger insulin production the same way as glucose.
- If a product is labeled “natural”, it may still have HFCS, so be sure to check the ingredients.
- I have personally noticed a difference in my daughter when she eats food with and without HFCS. she gets a spurt of almost uncontrollable energy when she has HFCS.