Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Day 3 - Give life to your home

So the challenges for yesterday were:

Mary Challenge: Ask your family what makes them feel the most loved when it comes to you caring for your home – ask them to be specific so that you can begin (or continue) to give life to your domain.

So I turned to my 6 year old daughter and asked her what Mommy does around the house that makes her feel loved. I wasn't sure she'd understand the question (boy was I wrong). She did not even have to think about it. She exclaimed, "When you make yummy desserts!"  She must have been thinking about those apples we picked and wanting some apple crisp.

Then I asked my husband to think about the question and get back with me. This made me a little nervous. My little insecure self wondered if he would be able to think of anything. Terrible, huh? But, he did.

He said he loved how I have scripture posted all over the house (and boy do I - click here to see). He said it shows that I love God and that I want to remind myself and my family about Him all the time - and what could be more loving?

Then he also went for the food answer and said he loved how I cooked / provided most of our meals.

Have I told you lately that I love my family?

Mary Challenge - Check.

Martha Challenge: Kitchen - Dust tops of refrigerator, cabinets, and shelves. Clean and shine the outsides of drawers and cabinets. 

Martha Challenge - Check.


I have not read the section for today,
but I love the title:

"Put your Feet up"

Sounds like my kind of day!

3 comments:

  1. Nice post. When you say you have scripture all over your house, what do you mean? Just curious. I am always looking for a neat new ways to showcase God's word in my house. Thanks for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by to read. I will post some pictures of some of the ways I post scripture later today. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing and for linking up with us! Blessings xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers so if you are thinking something that is beneficial and profitable (which does not mean you have to agree with me, but at least be nice), then I would love to hear from you!