Saturday, September 17, 2011

Run for Life

PhotobucketGod is so good! We had a great morning for the Run / Walk for life. It was a bit chilly, but I'll take it as opposed to those hot, steamy days we have had this summer!

This is a picture of us before we left for the race. Who's excited? We are!!

My girls were not only well behaved for my parents (who thankfully kept an eye on them while I was running), but my 6 yr old decided to make the first lap (one mile) with me. I told her she couldn't complain because this was something that is important to Mommy - and she didn't. She was T.I.R.E.D!

On top of the great run - we also saw my beautiful cousin singing in the worship band (with the worship band from her church).. What an extra special blessing!

It was just a perfect way to start our Saturday. The only thing that could have made it better was if more people joined in the walk or run. Wouldn't it be fantastic if we could get even HALF of the people to walk for Life Centers (supporting a worthy cause) that walk in the Indianapolis Mini Marathon (supporting what?)!?!?! 

If you think that is a fantastic idea - then I hope to see YOU at next year's walk. I'll be there, Lord willing.

 Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Good for you on running! I would have walked the.whole.way. Seriously though, running really hurts my joints. Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running feels SO good now - but there have been many times in my short running career where it hurt to even walk. Walking would have been great, too (the 1 mile walk was right after the run). It just felt so awesome to run, and then to have my 6 yr old decide to run with me. God is so good!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers so if you are thinking something that is beneficial and profitable (which does not mean you have to agree with me, but at least be nice), then I would love to hear from you!