Thursday, September 15, 2011

Encouragement


But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
2 Corinthians 12:9

I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. John 15:5

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13

Just a little dose of encouragement for this Thursday. I need to be reminded constantly to draw on Christ's strength. I often get caught up attempting to complete MY to-do list in MY own strength and then wonder why I fail.

God has blessed me with enough energy and hours in the day to complete the tasks that He has for me. I just need to get in line with His program. How do I do that?

Pray.

So remember to start your day by seeking God, and the rest will fall in line. If you feel yourself feeling frazzled and struggling later in the day - you know what to do.

Pray again. Pray without ceasing.

I love that second part of 2 Corinthians 12:9.

Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
2 Corinthians 12:9b

It's all for Him, because of Him and He gets all the glory. Amen!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful reminder!! Thank you. It's so easy to allow stress and cares to overwhelm when all they should do is bring me to my knees and then I am filled with a peace that passes all understanding. I needed this reminder today, thanks for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers so if you are thinking something that is beneficial and profitable (which does not mean you have to agree with me, but at least be nice), then I would love to hear from you!