Saturday, October 1, 2011

31 Days of Good News

October has 31 days - that's right, all 31 days - and each day (yes, including weekends) I will be posting stories about missionaries, evangelism and spreading the good news.


This will hopefully light a fire (torch) under your fanny and get you excited to share the good news yourself. I will share stories of those who have shared their faith and lived to tell about it, but also about those who were martyred for their faith. Can you even imagine? Loving Jesus so much that you'd be willing to be burned at the stake for Him?

I am hoping to have some guest posts and also will host a link-up each Friday for stories of your own evangelism experiences.


So please be thinking about what you want to write and share. The more we share these wonderful stories, the more the impossible (some may feel like sharing their faith seems impossible) becomes possible. If you do not have a blog but would like to submit a story to share, please leave a comment on this post and I'd be more than happy to review what you have and post it for all to read. Seriously - this can be an awesome way to start a revival!


I have been listening to Dr. David Jeremiah, Nancy Leigh DeMoss and even Today in the Word - and they all are talking about revivals - both personal and corporate. Wouldn't you love to see a revival in America? That would be a huge answer to prayer!

I am also planning on sharing great ideas (taken from the Way of the Master) on ways to help get that seemingly difficult conversation started. Although I am not a pro at this by any means. I am also hoping to be encouraged and challenged this month!

God has sent revival to His people in the past and I am confident that He can do it again. As we read about these men, women and even children who have shared their faith - let's be reminded to pray.

Prayer really does change things, if only by opening our own eyes to see people the way God sees them and to listen to their heart cry. People are in desperate need of hope - and that can only be found in our Lord, Jesus Christ.

I will start with the first missionaries. You might know of them as the Apostles. Can you name all 12 (remember, Judas Iscariot was replaced)?


I will post some interesting information - kind of like, "where are they now?" - on the Apostles tomorrow. Check back to find out what happened to these fascinating men.


And don't forget to spread the word about the giveaway.

1 comment:

  1. I remember when I first became a Christian (I was raised Catholic...but I was NOT living a Christian lifestyle)...Nancy Leigh Demoss' study "Seeking Him" had a HUGE impact on me :)

    And no...you'd think being raised Catholic I'd remember the apostles...but I only remember Matthew, Mark, Luke, & John..."bless the bed that I lay on"...lol

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers so if you are thinking something that is beneficial and profitable (which does not mean you have to agree with me, but at least be nice), then I would love to hear from you!