Sunday, October 16, 2011

My Marriages Part 3

In My Marriages Part 1 and Part 2, I compared both of my marriages. One was built on a solid rock and the other on shifting sand.

There was one aspect that I did not mention that I think is crucial.

Did I love my first husband? Of course! There was a time that I was madly in love with him and saw us living out all of our tomorrow's together. I wanted a family with him. I wanted to be his forever and he be mine. He always knew just what to say to make me laugh and smile. We had fun together. However, we did not have Christ at the center of our relationship.

If I had turned my life over to Christ before we had gotten divorced, life might be drastically different.

But that is not what happened.

I have repented of the sins that occurred in my life prior to this point and I know that God has forgiven me.

So just to make this totally clear - the main, only significant, vitally important difference that will be the only reason that this marriage lasts and the first one failed.....

Jesus Christ.

It had nothing to do with how one man looked, one man loved, one man communicated, one man served or one man cherished me....

It is all because I love Jesus and He is the reason that my covenant relationship with my husband will last.

Thank You, Jesus!

Thank You for the experience to be able to share with others and thank You especially for the forgiveness I have found for my sins and that my current husband loves You as well. What a precious gift!  And also that he is smokin' hot!



Don't forget about our giveaway!!! We are almost at 50 followers!



2 comments:

  1. I haven't read the other parts of your marriage story yet, but I agree that Christ needs to be at the center of a marriage in order for it to endure through all seasons of life.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers so if you are thinking something that is beneficial and profitable (which does not mean you have to agree with me, but at least be nice), then I would love to hear from you!